Saturdays in September
9:00: AM – 10:30 PM
WT Woodson High School
9525 Main Street, Fairfax VA
Fairfax, Virginia 22124
Online Registration is closed.
The Champion Football League of Northern Virginia was launched in Northern Virginia in 2011 by the Down Syndrome Association of Northern Virginia to provide a safe and fun environment where individuals with special needs can experience the excitement and camaraderie associated with team football. The friendly games will be played in a non-contact, modified flag football style in order to encourage team work and inclusivity.
The Champion Football League is about the entire football experience — the excitement of the sport, the unity of a team, the support of the fans, and the reward of players pushing themselves to achieve. But most importantly, it’s about every player contributing his or her own unique abilities to the team.
The Champion Football League has two goals for every player:
- To learn the basic rules and skills of the game
- To experience the dynamics of teamwork, sportsmanship and leadership
Registration is open to any individual with a physical or intellectual disability above the age of 5 residing in the Northern Virginia area. The Champion Football League invites participants from Loudoun County Public Schools, Parents of Autistic Children — NoVA, The Autism Society Northern Virginia, The Arc of Loudoun County, The Arc of Northern Virginia, The Arc of Greater Prince William County, Eddie’s Club, and United Cerebral Palsy of Washington D.C./Virginia, among others.
- Games are played Saturdays at W.T. Woodson High School in Fairfax
- Saturday 9/15/18 9:30 AM – canceled
- Saturday 9/22/18 9:00 AM
- Saturday 10/13/18 9:00 AM
- Saturday 10/20/18 9:00 AM
- Saturday 10/27/18 9:00 AM
- This will be a non-contact, modified flag football league
- No prior football experience is necessary
- Each player will receive a team jersey & year end award
- No fee to register for the league
- Waiver release form here.